How can Theater Art make a greater impact?
"In every neighborhood there are so many different people and organizations. It is important to do your homework and see what art opportunities are already happening there and see how your work can connect with some existing event and activities and agreed upon needs. Connect to it a bigger community priority or issue." -- LA Commons
Since January 1, 2017, IVRT Inland Valley Repertory Theatre already has...
- served a total of 8,526 people in Claremont, Pomona, La Verne, Upland and the surrounding communities through our affordable theatre programs:
- four plays on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at the Candlelight Pavilion,
- three plays in a readers theatre format at Eddie’s Pizzeria and Eatery in Claremont, and
- two sessions of Musical Theatre Camp IVRT instruction for youth;
- paid $47,439 in stipends to actors, musicians, and stage artists;
- begun an outreach program to the residents of the David and Margaret Youth and Family Services Center, providing access to theatrical productions as well as workshops in creative and artistic expression;
- extended our outreach to the community, partnering with businesses and nonprofit organizations, schools and service groups including Pomona Kiwanis, Buca di Beppo, Temple Beth Israel, Claremont Doubletree, SOURCE, Mountainside Master Chorale, the San Bernardino Symphony, the Claremont Community School of Music, University of La Verne, Cal Poly Pomona, Claremont Homeless Advocacy Program;
- continued the tenth year of our partnership with Eddie’s Italian Eatery to offer discounts to IVRT subscribers and donors. Eddie’s continues to feed the cast of IVRT productions between the matinee and evening performance on the last day of production;
- received funding from the Claremont Educational Foundation for our Readers Theatre program at El Roble Intermediate School which has, to date, served over three hundred students, teachers and parents;
- continued our sixth year of partnering with Claremont Community School of Music for our summer Musical Theatre Camp IVRT which served 83 youth through the arts of music, theatre and movement and was funded by the City of Claremont to provide scholarships to at-risk youth;
- promoted local community arts events including Claremont Symphony Orchestra, Ophelia’s Jump Productions, Repertory Opera Company, Candlelight Pavilion, Grove Theatre, Claremont Chorale, A Noise Within, Lewis Family Playhouse, Salastina Music Society and Chino Community Theatre through our strategic email marketing campaigns;
- received funding from the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors for a full time paid summer internship program;
- donated theatre tickets to fundraising events for Claremont High School theatre department, Claremont High School class of 2018, Ophelia’s Jump Productions, Cultural Arts Society of La Verne, Condit Elementary School, Foothill AIDS Project, Casa Colina, Upland Chamber of Commerce, Claremont Chamber of Commerce, Lordsburg Foundation, La Verne Chamber of Commerce, Uplanders, Laguna Playhouse, etc.;
- announced our 2018 season and celebrated 27 years operating as a fiscally sound nonprofit theatre arts organization, incorporated in 1990 and ending every year “in the black,” and received awards for artistic quality from the theatre community as well as accolades from the Los Angeles County Arts Commission funding panel for "artistic quality, impact and an innovative full list of programs, initiatives for sustainability and accessibility, and strong infrastructure."
Have a great idea to make an impact?